5 Delicious Hazelnut Recipes to Try At Home
Hazelnuts are a tasty and versatile nut that can be used in a variety of sweet and savory dishes. From creamy hazelnut spread to crunchy roasted hazelnuts, here is a list of 5 delicious recipes are sure to satisfy your cravings.
1. Hazelnut Spread
This easy-to-make spread is perfect for spreading on toast, crackers, or fruit. Simply blend roasted hazelnuts, cocoa, sweetener, salt, milk, oil, along with a splash of vanilla extract for added flavor. If you like Nutella, then this recipe is for you!
- 2 cups King Fresh Roasted Hazelnuts
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup sugar, or sweetener of choice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp oil
The nuts should be processed in a food processor until they resemble butter. Add the remaining ingredients and process for a long time to achieve the desired Nutella-like smoothness. Pulse on high for a total of two minutes or until mixture has a creamy texture.
2. Warm Roasted Hazelnuts
For a simple snack, try warming King Fresh Hazelnuts in the oven. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and place the hazelnuts on a baking sheet. Roast for 5-10 minutes, or until the nuts are warm and fragrant. Allow them to cool slightly before enjoying.
3. Hazelnut Dukkah
Dukkah is a Middle Eastern condiment made from a blend of nuts, seeds, and roasted spices. To make a hazelnut version, combine hazelnuts, sesame seeds, along with a pinch of salt and your favorite spices such as cumin and coriander. Dukkah is best served with olive oil and fresh bread. It is also an aromatic coating for fish, chicken, or lamb before grilling.
- 1/2 cup King Fresh Roasted Hazelnuts
- 5 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 4 tablespoons whole cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup salted roasted pistachios
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and Pepper
Toast the coriander and cumin seeds in a medium skillet over moderate heat. Stir and shake the ingredients gently for about 3 minutes until they become golden and fragrant. Spread the mixture out on a flat surface and let it cool completely. After that, grind them finely in a spice grinder. Using the same skillet, toast the sesame seeds over moderate heat until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. On a flat surface, spread the sesame seeds and allow them to cool. Using your food processor, blend the coriander, cumin, sesame seeds, thyme, pistachios, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Pulse the blades until the mixture is finely ground. The Dukka is now ready to be transferred to a bowl.
4. Hazelnut Pesto
For a delicious twist on traditional pesto, try making it with hazelnuts instead of pine nuts. Simply combine King Fresh Hazelnuts, fresh basil, garlic, parmesan cheese, and olive oil in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- 1/2 cup King Fresh Roasted Hazelnuts
- 2-3 large roasted cloves of garlic
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
Add the roasted hazelnuts, roasted garlic, parmesan, and basil leaves to the bowl of a food processor. Process until a coarse texture is achieved. With the food processor running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Season pesto with plenty of salt. Continue to process until everything is blended well. Taste for seasonings and adjust as needed.
5. Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies are a delicious combination of two classic flavors: hazelnuts and chocolate. Simply follow your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and add in some chopped hazelnuts for a nutty twist.
Whether you're a fan of sweet or savory dishes, these hazelnut recipes are sure to become a new favorite. Give them a try and enjoy the delicious flavor of hazelnuts in your home cooking.
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2-3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup King Fresh Roasted Hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a medium-sized bowl, and set aside.
- In a large-sized bowl, add the butter and sugar, and mix until well combined. Add in the eggs, and the vanilla, and continue to mix until those are incorporated, scraping the side of the bowl as needed.
- After that, slowly add your dry ingredients to the butter and sugar mix. When the dry ingredients are almost completely incorporated, add the chocolate chips and the roughly chopped hazelnuts, and mix until they are well blended.
- Chill the dough for at least 2-4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper after the cookie dough has chilled.
- Scoop cookie dough in 2-ounce portions onto baking sheets.
- Place the cookies in the oven, and bake for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and then, using a spatula, carefully move the warm cookies to a wire cooling rack to completely cool before enjoying.